How can you apply for financial support?
You can only apply for financial support after you have registered your project. In your SXM DOET account you will find a button called 'apply for financial support'. You can open an account by clicking the button "Login" on the top right of the website.
- Note! The button 'apply for financial support' is only active if you indicated that you need more than 5 'outside' volunteers and if you have entered your banking details under the organization information.
- Note! Applications can be submitted until March 19th, 2021. Funding is provided on a first come first serve basis, so please send in your financial request early!
Conditions regarding your application for financial support:
- Your organization is an official foundation, school or association and you have a dedicated bank account;
- Your project is registered on www.sxmdoet.com
- Your project fits in with the spirit of SXM DOET: for your organization to seek new volunteers who can help you to get a specific job done on Friday May 28th and/or Saturday May 29th, 2021.
- You need at least 5 new volunteers per project.
- Financial support will only be granted per address/location.
- You need to provide a simple breakdown of how you are spending your requested funds in your financial application.
Note: We would love to help as many organizations as possible, but we have a limited budget. If you do not meet the above criteria, you will not be eligible for financial support. It goes without saying that your organization can still participate in SXM DOET. Register your projects early and give volunteers more opportunity to sign up to help with your cause.
How much financial support?
Per project, per location, you can request up to $650 in funding.
Project(s) with 5 - 9 volunteers: maximum $500, with maximum $100 dedicated within this budget towards refreshments.
Project(s) with 10 or more volunteers: maximum $650, with maximum $150 dedicated within this budget towards refreshments.
An additional $60 can be requested for COVID protective materials such as masks, sanitizer etc.
Please add a breakdown of how you plan to spend your budget in the financial application.
- Note! you can request funding for multiple projects but projects may not be executed at the same location/address.
- Note! the funding is allocated per project, so you cannot request funding twice even if you have a 2-day project.
What we reimburse:
- Raw materials (such as paint, painting materials and equipment, wood, cleaning materials) and trees, bushes and materials to build greenhouses and/or gardens
- Rental of larger tools and equipment such as ladders, high pressure cleaners, excavators, etc.
- Food and drinks to keep your SXM DOET volunteers going (maximum $100 USD for 5 to 9 volunteers, maximum $150 for 10+ volunteers)
Exclusively for institutions / organizations that take care of challenged persons and/or the elderly:
- Costs you made for a day trip, such as transportation and entry fees
- Salary of artists, hairdressers, manicures etc. if your job is a make-over party / spa day
- If your activity is a high tea, lunch or dinner, you can use the entire grant for food and drinks
What we do not reimburse under any circumstances:
- Projects and/or organisations who do not meet all criteria
- Purchase of pre-built material or prêt a porter goods (i.e. cabintes, vases, etc.)
- Presents or activities to thank your staff or regular volunteers
- Promotion material and/or prizes for bingo, games, etc.
- Projects or goods that are beneficial to a sole individual or their personal home
The financial procedure
Your SXM DOET application form should get to us before March 19th, 2021. We will notify you if we (wholly or partially) accept your application. You will receive the money via bank transfer or check via Be The Change Foundation no later than April 23rd, 2021 for it to be possible to make the necessary purchases in time for SXM DOET.